Like many other professionals, Realtors® have to regularly renew their real estate license by taking the appropriate continuing education courses and passing real estate exams. Today, we will look at some tips that can help you to be better prepared for your real estate license exam. If test-taking is a stress-inducing experience for you, then be sure to contact Continuing Education for Licensing and let us help relieve some of your stress by showing you how to more fully prepare for the exam.
Prepare for Exam Details
One of the best ways to relieve some of the anxiety you may feel about your upcoming exam is to take care of the details first. These usually include a few different pieces of documentation, as well as identifying the correct location for the test. Here are some of the common details that you should make sure to have covered before the day of the test:
- Calculators: Find out which ones you are allowed to bring and which ones are banned
- Entry Permit: Some states require permits and some don’t. Find out if you need one and then make sure to bring it with you.
- Fee: If you have to pay at the time of the exam, be sure to have the right amount in the form that the test makers want it.
- Food: You might be prohibited from bringing food or drink into the examination room. Ask ahead of time what you are allowed to bring. If you have a medical condition that requires you to have food at certain times, be sure to get permission from your state licensing agency or the people administering the test.
- Accessibility: Find out before the day of the exam what accommodations they are able to offer.
- Location: There is usually more than one location offered, so be sure to choose one that is convenient to you.
- Time: This is not the type of situation where you want to arrive late or even at the official start time. Plan your schedule so that you arrive at least 15 minutes early. You’ll be glad to have the time to settle your nerves instead of wishing traffic would move out of your way.
- Writing Implements: Check the requirements for what you are allowed to bring with you, and then plan to have more than one in case the first one breaks or doesn’t work.
In our busy world, we have access to countless apps that are designed to help us with our needs. If you do not have extended periods of time to dedicate to studying and preparing for your real estate exam, then look for a flashcard app that can be downloaded to your phone or mobile device. This app will allow you to study as you have free time, and it will help to reinforce your confidence about the amount of material you already have committed to memory. Whether you commute, find yourself stuck in line, or are simply taking a break, be sure to use your flashcard app during this free time for your test-taking benefit.
Whether you enjoy taking tests or feel your anxiety levels begin to rise just at the mention of the word test, we can help. Continuing Education for Licensing can provide not only the required courses that you need for your license, but also the test prep to help you perform your best on the day of the exam. If you are ready to pursue the courses and exams you need to renew your real estate license, then contact us today!